On February 13, 2018, Hon. Nieves C. Rosento, Municipal Mayor of El Nido, Palawan, issued Executive Order RCN-005-2018, “AN ORDER INSTITUTIONALIZING FRIENDLY PARADISE SEAL FOR TOURISM-RELATED BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENTS.”
The said order aims to encourage tourism businesses to align their company efforts with El Nido’s tourism vision: “FRIENDLY PARADISE.”
Tourism-related business establishments shall be awarded by the said seal upon complying the following requirements:
Eco – Friendly Paradise Seal:
- Use of renewable energy for at least 10% of total energy consumption.
- Practice of segregation at source.
- Waste receptacles for biodegradable, non-biodegradable and recyclable wastes.
- Compliance to Ordinance 004 Series of 2013, ”Plastic Regulation Ordinance.”
- Water Discharge Permit from DENR or LGU receipt of payment for regular desludging of wastewater.
- Planting of vegetation in 5% of their rooftops or highest floor area.
- Use of energy efficient bulbs.
- Use of energy efficient refrigerators.
- Practice of liquids, such as soap, shampoo and water, on re-usable containers.
- Practice of encouraging guest to pay ETDF.
Family Friendly Paradise Seal:
- Provision of small boys’urinal and diaper changing area in female comfort rooms.
- Provision of Breast Feeding Area.
- Training of Front Desk officer and Manager on Human Trafficking.
PWD (Persons with Disability) Friendly Paradise Seal:
- Provision of wheelchair ramp in establishment’s entrance area.
- Provision of railings for PWD in 1 of every 50 comfort rooms.
Customer Friendly Paradise Seal:
- Training of Front Desk Officer and Manager in Customer Service.
- Very Satisfactory rating from guests during surveys to be conducted by the Municipal Tourism Office.
- Maintenance of cleanliness of the vicinity of the establishment.
- Parking Space for every 20 rooms.
Gender Friendly Paradise Seal:
- Provision of comfort room for LGBT guests.
- Training of Front Desk Officer and Manager on Human Trafficking.
Friendly Paradise Seal. This shall be the highest recognition given to a tourism-related business establishment. Release of this seal shall be upon completion of all the above-mentioned categories.
Recipients of the seal shall be advertised in all information materials and internet sites of the Municipal Tourism Office.