GAD Corner of the municipality of El Nido is a dedicated section of Gender and Development (GAD). here, you can explore the crucial intersection of gender issues and development initiatives. Our aim to raise awareness, promote gender equality, and provide valuable insights into how gender considerations impact various aspects of society and development. through articles, resources, and discussions, it is also a platform for learning and dialogue, empowering individuals, and organizations to integrate gender perspectives into their work and contribute to a more equitable community this will also serve as a source center, providing information, education, and advocacy on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Explore GAD Corner to stay informed, engaged, and inspired by the ongoing efforts to achieve gender-responsive development.
AN ORDER RECONSTITUTING THE GAD FOCAL POINT SYSTEM (GFPS) AND PRESCRIBING THERE OF ITS COMPOSITION, DUTIES, AND FUNCTIONS
DILG-ENDORSED GAD PLAN AND BUDGET
GAD ANNUAL ACCOMPLISHMENT REPORT
PROJECTS, PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES (PPAs) OF GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT
- LIVELIHOOD PROGRAM
The Municipal Government of El Nido through the Gender and Development Unit with the provided TVET trainer of Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) conducted a 5-day Livelihood Training Program in Food Processing for Men and Women Indigenous People and other Marginalized Sectors. Focusing on three barangays based on their resources, and we identified 30 participants using the Climate Disaster Risk Assessment Database. The training started from August 9, 2023, to August 26, 2023, in three barangays in the municipality, namely: Barangay Bebeladan, Mabini, and Villa Paz.
The Gender and Development Livelihood Training Program in Food Processing for the Marginalized Sector achieved the following notable accomplishments:
- 30 participants per barangay in total of 5 Men and 85 women or 90 participants, successfully completed the training program.
- 35 out of 90 participants have started to make a product and contribute to the economic growth of their communities.
- Participants can now make the following products: Banana Chips, Cassava Chips, Ginger Tea, Mango Jam, and Pineapple Marmalade.
- Organized 3 Associations to be registered in DOLE and be accredited to the Sangguniang Bayan.
- Participants expressed high satisfaction with the gender-responsive approach of the program, emphasizing its impact on their self-confidence and empowerment.
- 90 Participants can now acquire their National Certificate II from TESDA
The program has made a profound impact on marginalized communities and has contributed to gender equality and women’s empowerment. Key impacts include:
- Empowered marginalized women, fostering gender equality and social inclusion.
- Improved livelihoods and economic independence of women in marginalized sectors.
- Strengthened gender-sensitive practices and awareness within the communities.
- Increased opportunities for women’s participation in decision-making processes related to economic activities.the Gender and Development Livelihood Training Program in Food Processing for the Marginalized Sector has been instrumental in promoting gender equality, empowering marginalized women, and fostering economic development in marginalized communities. We remain committed to advancing gender-sensitive livelihood programs and look forward to your continued support in our future initiatives.
BEBELADAN MASABOR’S PRODUCT ASSOCIATION
MABINI ORGANIC AND NATIVE DELICACIES ASSOCIATION
SIBOL VILLA PAZ ASSOCIATION
- GAD CAPACITY BUILDING
Leveling of Understanding on Gender and Development Workshop
On August 8, 2023, a significant milestone was achieved with the successful conduct of the “Leveling of Understanding on Gender and Development Workshop” held at Jurias Garden Hotel. This workshop was organized by the Gender and Development Unit to impart crucial knowledge and awareness regarding gender and development (GAD) principles among our members of the GAD Focal Point System Executive Committee (Execom)
The primary objectives of the workshop were as follows:
- To enhance participants’ understanding of the fundamental concepts of gender and development.
- To discuss the relevance of GAD in various sectors, including governance, education, and healthcare.
- To encourage proactive engagement in GAD initiatives at the individual, organizational, and community levels.
Several noteworthy outcomes and achievements were observed:
- Heightened awareness and comprehension of the fundamental concepts of gender and development among participants, fostering a strong commitment to the cause of gender equality.
- Thoughtful discussions and case study analysis provided practical insights into the effective application of GAD principles in various sectors.
Understanding of Gender and Development Perspective and Introduction to GAD Code Formulation Workshop
The “Understanding of Gender and Development Perspective and Introduction to GAD Code Formulation Workshop,” conducted from August 9 to 11, 2023, at Jurias Garden Hotel, represented a significant milestone in our continuous efforts to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment. This workshop was organized by Gender and Development Unit and facilitated by Ms. Lourdes Turiano a certified independent GAD Consultant and Trainer by the Philippine Commission on Women, to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of Gender and Development (GAD) principles and the fundamentals of GAD Code formulation.
The primary objectives of the workshop were as follows:
- To enhance participants’ understanding of the key concepts and significance of gender and development.
- To introduce participants to the principles and steps involved in the formulation of GAD Codes.
- To inspire and empower participants to become champions of gender equality and GAD implementation within their organizations and communities.
Participants: Municipal Mayor, Municipal Vice Mayor, Sangguniang Bayan Members, and the members of the GFPS Technical Working Group.
Key Outcomes and Achievements
The “Understanding of Gender and Development Perspective and Introduction to GAD Code Formulation Workshop” yielded several significant outcomes and achievements:
- Enhanced awareness and comprehension of gender and development principles among participants, strengthening their commitment to advancing gender equality.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAD Code formulation, including legal requirements, components, and best practices, equipping participants to contribute meaningfully to the development of GAD Codes.
- The development of preliminary action plans by participating organizations, showcasing a proactive stance towards GAD Code formulation.
- The GAD Focal Person Discussed Basic Concepts on GAD to all Tourism Workers on the “Training on Customer Service with Emphasis on Gender Sensitivity” funded under the GAD Fund.
- The Municipal Government of El Nido represented by the Municipal Administrator, Raffy G. Cabate and the Municipal GAD Focal, Jan Gibb C. Relata participated at the “Community Based Gender and Development Livelihood Enhancement Program (CB-GAD-LEP) Program” conducted by the Provincial Gender and Development Office.
- The Technical Working Group of the GAD Focal Point System kicks off 1st Quarter Meeting to tackle Accomplishments, Formulation of GAD Code Ordinance, and Livelihood Training for IPs and other member of marginalized sector.
- The Municipal Planning and Development Office staff assigned in the development of GAD Database together with GAD Focal Person visited the Municipality of Taytay, Palawan, to benchmarked ideas, processes, practices and implementation of GAD Database in every office of the Local Government of Taytay, Palawan.
“KASALANG BAYAN” One of the successful program to decrease the number of illegitimate boy and girl children from indigent families, it is funded under Gender and Development Fund of the Local Government of El Nido and achieved the Award of Recognition to the Local Civil Registrar Office as “Most Registered Marriages in Mass Wedding Award”
The GAD Focal Point System participated in the “International Women’s Day” on March 8, 2023 as we continuously support the advocacy of Women Empowerment and Gender Equality.
The Provincial Barangay GAD Monitors pays visit to the Office of the Municipal Mayor and the Gender and Development Unit to discuss the Provincial Gednder and DEvelopment Office objectives and every barangay of the Municipality on March 2, 2023.
Prioritization of Gender and Development (GAD) Programs and Activities (PAPS) of El Nido Municipality with GFPS members.
The GAD Focal Point System (GFPS) of the Municipal Government of El Nido conducted the Gender Mainstreaming Evaluation Framework (GMEF) to measure the extent of the gender mainstreaming efforts the Municipal Government of El Nido . It is also meant to assist the Gender and Development Focal Point System (GFPS) members in measuring gains and successes, as well as pinpoint areas for improvement in the way they mainstream the gender and development (GAD) perspective in their programs.
The Municipal Government of El Nido – Gender and Development (GAD) Unit Lead by Municipal GAD Focal Person Jan Gibb C. Relata attended Provincial GAD Planning and Budgeting sa buong lalawigan ng Palawan.
The Municipal Government participated on the 18-Day Campaign to END Violence Against Women to support the Philippine government’s goal of protecting the human rights of women and girls by upholding its commitment to address all forms of gender-based violence as enshrined in the 1987 Constitution on December 12, 2022
The GAD Focal Point System members of the Municipal Government of El Nido and Narra conducted Municipal Forum and Training Orientation on Gender and Development Mainstreaming Evaluation Framework (GMEF) and Benchmarking of ideas, Process, and best Practice at the Local Government Unit of Narra, Palawan on December 2022.
The Municipal Government through the Gender and Development conducted a Barangay GAD Planning and Responsive Budgeting Workshop on December 27, 2022 at Jurias Garden Hotel, El Nido, Palawan
The Municipal Government through the Gender and Development Unit Conducted GAD Planning and Responsive Budgeting Workshop for the Fiscal Year 2023 on March 21, 2022 at Jurias Garden Hotel, El Nido, Palawan
The GAD Focal Person, Jan Gibb Relata actively participated in the FOCUS GROUP DISCUSSION on GAD Women Leadership in the Water Sector together with the Municipality of Taytay, San Vicente, and Roxas, it was conducted by USAID-SAFE WATER on September 20, 2022 at Aziza Paradise Hotel, Puerto, Princesa City, Palawan